Wednesday, February 28, 2007

It could only happen to me


I have

been known to exaggerate a bit in my life, but there is no room for exaggeration in this story. It was a night frought with error. Corey had just come home from work and was hungry. I had a busy busy day and did not feel like cooking. So I said I would run out to get us food (error #1 I should have just eaten left overs). I decided to go to Checkers (error #2 What was I thinking? Checkers???). It was pretty icy out (error #3 Why was I driving in a storm?) So I kissed baby and Corey good-bye and headed on my merry way. As I was pulling through the drive-thru my car started to slide and next thing you know, I was rolling down a large ditch until my car was nearly on its side. Yes, there I sat, crooked, laughing at myself like an idiot. A random guy came by and said for $10 he would pull me out (error #4 I should have called a towing service). And by the way...would he have left me there sideways if I hadn't had the money? After an hour, I was out. And the bottom of my car was broken, though I didn't discover this until a few days later.

12 Comments:

At 7:20 PM, Blogger karl said...

hey chuggy
are you ok? and more importantly
did you get those fries?

 
At 7:39 AM, Blogger The Rogue Jew said...

Kindness of strangers doesn't always pay off...Glad your oky doky tho!

 
At 9:47 PM, Blogger tanyawells said...

Yeah what about the fries?

 
At 7:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

we need to know about the fries...

 
At 7:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

www.projects.csail.mit.edu/olympics/04/images/muppets-animal.jpg

 
At 8:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

why didn't you get curly fries? or maybe tots? what's wrong with tots?

 
At 1:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

me love food was supposed to be a picture of Animal from Muppets
im' not good at transferring images to bloggerdome..oh well

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger Jill Anderson said...

Actually, I was also wondering... did you get the fries? Those jerks should have given you free food for making you slide into their ditch. I would have.

 
At 3:38 PM, Blogger gretchenjohnson said...

No fries. Thanks for caring, everyone. I'm never going there again. Unless Corey drives.

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger NPE said...

Thanks for paying me the $10 though...I went to Checkers with it!

 
At 8:24 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

You have the worst luck. Why is that? Now you have to sell a kidney to pay for the car.

 
At 8:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's probably all the grease from those fries that made the road so splippery.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home