Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Neurotic pets or neurotic pet owners?



With beautiful spring finally here, our cats get a little stir crazy. They fight and wrestle more and are much more active. Corey has thousands of scratches all over his hands from playing too rough. As a way to get some energy out, we put the cats (or the girls, as my friend Kevin likes to call them) on their little leashes and take them out. Mia crouches low to the ground and sits and eats grass. All the while, her ears are perked up, listening for any sign of danger (birds, bugs, any noise) so that she can bolt for the house if she needs to. Little Maggie, however, is our wild woman and she just takes off running in short little bursts. The reason they are short bursts is because her leash is short and she runs to the end of it and then has to wait for us to catch up.

4 Comments:

At 7:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My nephews farret named Leo was very rowdy on Easter!! He likes to crawl up the pant leg of his victims!! Since his leash was very long I was prompted to sound an alert fot those potential victims in boxer briefs!! What fun I had!!!

 
At 7:20 AM, Blogger novice.knitter said...

I love that you leash your cats! I used to leash my daughter... is that sort of the same thing?

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger NPE said...

Cats that are leashed
will certainly be eatshed
....by dogs.

 
At 12:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, look at her. I mean, it looks just like she was in the wild.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home