Sunday, August 20, 2006

Oh Deer



This weekend we spent with our friends from Olney (all-knee), Illinois. We had a great time (us more than them, maybe, but that is a story for another day). After they left, Corey and I were working in the garden when I noticed that the top of my green pepper plant was missing. Completely missing. In fact, it sort of looked like a weed wacker had taken the top off. I was a little annoyed by this, because I had some tiny green peppers on the top that were going to be scrumtralescent one day. Then I noticed 4 half eaten, not-quite-ripe tomatoes laying on the ground. Ticked off, I turned to go inside to call the police and file yet another police report when I noticed tracks through the garden. It was unmistakeable. They were deer tracks, and I don't mean that yummy peanut butter cup ice cream. I was all excited and not the least bit angry when I discovered this and I kept telling Corey that I wish we had discovered this while our friends were still there. I guess that's the ironic part of it all. I'm sure they see deer all the time.

3 Comments:

At 4:20 PM, Blogger NPE said...

Remember when I had a turkey in my garden?

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger gretchenjohnson said...

Don't call me a turkey, and I was only in your garden once.

 
At 6:29 AM, Blogger Mrs. P said...

Hey- new excuse until the Baby gets here.."It was ummm the DEER!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home