Sunday, March 05, 2006

Grandma's 80th Birthday


Today we had my grandma's 80th birthday party. We had all these great pictures of my grandma from when she was a child. There was this picture of her outside surrounded by HUGE rabbits. I wish I could load it. Apparently, growing up, her father raised rabbits to sell. During the depression, that is all her family had to eat. Her father would kill them, skin them, and dress them. But he would never eat them. Later in life, she had some friends over and served them rabbit without telling them so. Her friend commented that it was the funniest looking chicken leg she had ever eaten.

6 Comments:

At 7:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i tawt i saw a wabbit

 
At 7:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

www.looneytunes.warnerbros.com/stars_of_the_show/bugs_bunny/bugs_story.html

 
At 7:49 PM, Blogger karl said...

remember the time i served you that "mysterious" meat?



it was really...

 
At 9:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm almost too nauseated to tell you about the time when......

I came home from work to find what looked like bloddy dressed rabbits in ziplock bags on the bottom shelf of my Subzero frig........

This was followed by screaming, ( the sound that was heard if not around the world than surely thorough out all of Byron Center), Then uncontrolled vomiting.... (Phenergan PR please!!!!!!!!)

Sometimes my husband Ed doesn't get it when I communicate with words however he gets it immediately when exposed to a sound and site show!!!!

You don't think I'm a Drama Queen without good cause, do you??

Any questions?????

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger tanyawells said...

Hampy B-day Grams!

 
At 6:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to dress up rabbits when I was depressed too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home