Wednesday, March 01, 2006

My, How Things Change



Last week, I saw some people that knew me as a child and had not seen me since I was 3 or 4 years old. We chatted for a bit, and they asked me what happened to my blonde curly hair. My coworkers and I were discussing how different we are as children, even physically. For example, Corey and I were both born blondes, and now both have brown "quaffs". Corey didn't speak until he was 3 years old, then he began speaking in complete sentences. I sang everything instead of speaking when I was little. When my parents were trying to potty train me, they said they would forget about me on the potty. Instead of telling them I was done, I would just sit and sing it. Years later, they finally noticed I wasn't coming to dinner, so they came and told me I could get off. I missed kindergarten through 8th grade because of it, but those grades don't really matter, right?

What are some funny things you did as a child? Or how are you different now?

11 Comments:

At 12:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i used to be really cute and cuddly

 
At 12:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

we used to be really innocent and sweet

www.olsen-twins.nl

 
At 4:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

when lou was born, a.c. would say "be soft" when i was around him. then i started calling him "be soft" because that is what i thought his name was.

i had a stuffed sock that i couldn't live without.

oh yeah, i would also leave presents for my favorite cousin in the bathtub.

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger NPE said...

I was skinny. Not no more, nope, not a chance.

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger Nate Raih said...

I was never skinny. I sucked my thumb until I was like 13.

 
At 4:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a head full of pitch black hair at birth. It stood up as though greased up and back like Elvis Presley. My son Nick was born with that same head of hair. People would say he looked like Baby Smurf.

 
At 6:43 PM, Blogger NPE said...

I would love to see Ellie with an Elvis do!

 
At 11:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm told I was very tempermental and there are a lot of pictures of me as a three or four year old boy staring off blankly into the horizon.

 
At 12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We all used to put on sheets and be bored!!

 
At 12:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

(I think there was supposed to be a picture there that didn't come through...)

 
At 12:49 PM, Blogger Joe and Emilie Schelling said...

I used to run into picnic tables and break falls with my nose. Thankfully, for some, I stopped that addiction and have traded it for many other "healthier" addictions.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home