Sunday, March 12, 2006

Tips for Emergent Situations

In case you didn't know, Corey and I live in a retirement community. It's a boring story how we ended up here, but we generally like it. With the exception of my car getting broken into and an uprising over painful potholders, we thought it was generally peaceful. However, this month's Leisure South Newsletter gave us a friendly reminder that we are not always safe and published 9 tips for emergency situations. The editor apologized in advance for the graphic scenarios, so I also extend my apologies. I will not publish all 9 tips, but only a few of our favorites.

1.If a robber asks for your purse or wallet, DO NOT HAND IT TO HIM. Toss it away from you. RUN LIKE MAD in the opposite direction!

2. If you are ever thrown into the trunk of a car, kick out the back tail light and stick your arm out the hole and start waving like crazy. The driver won't see you, but everybody else will.

4. If someone is in your car with a gun or knife, DO NOT DRIVE OFF! Instead, gun the engine and speed into anything, wrecking your car. Your airbag will save you. If the person is in the back seat, he will get the worst of the crash. As soon as the car crashes, bail out and run.
7. If the predator has a gun and you are not under his physical control, ALWAYS RUN! Run in a zig-zag pattern. It has been shown that the predator will only hit you (a running target) 4 in 100 times.

From all of us here at Leisure South, we hope you heed the warnings and use these tips if ever in such a situation.

9 Comments:

At 12:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

holy heifer
are you serious? did it really teach you to run if someone is shooting?
crash your car??
what if my car doesn't have an airbag?

 
At 1:07 PM, Blogger NPE said...

I feel very safe now. I hope that if I am put into a trunk that there is a D&W bag full of goodies in there.

 
At 1:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes dancing makes my bowels hurt.

 
At 1:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How come Nate writes emails on the Sunday?

 
At 1:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who's that lady with the brown hat? She's a cutie...

 
At 1:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

10. Upon sighting a mountain lion, do not run. Do not crouch down. Try to make yourself appear larger by opening your coat.

 
At 6:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is my wife sending emails for on Sunday?

 
At 2:07 AM, Blogger Nate Raih said...

I just sing, it works every time. I learned that tip from Ellie

 
At 1:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm thinking a praise and worship tune would be very effective!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home