Sunday, June 11, 2006

Angry Bees

When Corey and I bought our new house, we inherited a large brush pile in the back yard. Now, if I were in Olney (my hometown), I would simply light it on fire and go about my business. However, here in the BIG CITY, that is not allowed. So yesterday I started working on the pile. I pulled off layers of huge branches only to find smaller branches, dead leaves, dead weeds, a huge metal pole, crowbar, tomato cages, and my Aunt Bertie. I had 10 bags of yard waste and a smaller pile of large branches and I was nearly to the bottom of the pile. Then I heard it. A loud buzzing sound. Bees. Angry bees. Angry, swarming, large, blood sucking, killer bumble bees. I took the remaining large branches and hurled them at the bees and then ran for my life.

I know the swarm doesn't look angry in the picture I took, but believe me, they were ready to attack. As I ran up the steps of the deck and into the house, my life flashed before my eyes and the grim reaper was at the threshold of the door. Actually, it was the guy installing my carpet standing at the door, but you can never tell with the glare from the sun and all.

4 Comments:

At 6:48 AM, Blogger novice.knitter said...

Yuck... angry bees. I got a bee in my jean pantleg a couple of months ago... not fun at all after being stung three times. Luckily I am not allergic!

 
At 4:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

remember when i met this little guy?

 
At 4:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the woman who is the flower in that picture.

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger karl said...

happy birthday chuggy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home