Friday, January 06, 2006

"Auntie Jetchen, Uncle Torey"



Our nephew Lukie, is a huge source of joy and pride in Corey's family. He brings so much fun and enjoyment into everyone's life. This Christmas, Corey and I bought him light sabers (sp?), you know, those weird stick things from Star Wars that people use to kill each other. I don't understand them, but I just go along with it. So Lukie opens the box, and states with the enthusiasm and wisdom of a 3 year old, that this is "exactly what I wanted all my life." Turns out that giving 3 year olds long pointy weapons isn't always the most brilliant choice. Nor is letting me play with them (sorry about that, Corey. Hope the bruise is gone.) We love our nephew and look forward to watching him grow and listening to all the neat little insights that he has.

To add to the excitement, I am going to be an Auntie again!!!! (I have not asked permission to announce this on the blog, so I'm going to change names to protect the innocent, just look for the *) During our family Christmas celebration, *Snarl* and *Grenn* announced that they will be having a baby in July! YEAH! I'm already checking plane tickets to *Blue Flersey* to go set my room up next to the baby's. (just kidding *Snarl & Grenn*) We are so excited for you both and pray for a healthy little baby.

8 Comments:

At 2:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

is it true that lukie was named after ameldia's son? anakin's boy?

could this be one more in the line of the Jedi?

 
At 2:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry, i'm not concerned

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger gretchenjohnson said...

I don't know what you are talking about. If these are Star Wars references I will have to consult Corey or one of his 50 books on the subject.

 
At 3:47 PM, Blogger gretchenjohnson said...

Dear Concerned,
According to "Star Wars, The Ultimate Visual Guide" the country is Naboo, not Taboo. It's Amidala, not ameldia, and it is Couruscant, not courasant. Hee hee. Is this "Snarl?"

 
At 3:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The answer will remain within the wookies and the Galactic Federation of the free Alliance.

 
At 9:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you caught me

 
At 9:09 PM, Blogger Nate Raih said...

My brother just got engaged over xmas but I don't think I'll be an aunt anytime soon

 
At 1:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tute....willy Tute...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home