Sunday, July 16, 2006

Feeling Blue

I woke up this morning to Corey telling me that there was a pink bike in our back yard and the garage door was open. I ran outside and into the garage only to find that my bike was stolen. I know that there are larger and greater problems in the world than a girl getting her bike stolen, but I feel really sad. I had purchased the bike when I was accepted into nursing school. I had saved up for the bike for a long time. It was my first real road bike. I filed a police report and will call the insurance company in the morning. So no jokes, no cute little stories, no laughing matter. My bike is gone, and I am really sad.

2 Comments:

At 5:04 AM, Blogger novice.knitter said...

I am soooo sorry! My dad had a really great road bike that he finally sold because he wasn't riding it anymore, and he switched to a low key mountain bike instead. Last month, the mountain bike was stolen. He left the garage open a couple of nites in a row and one day he went out to look for it, and it was gone. He was glad that he had sold the first one and gotten what it was worth! Those things are not cheap.
so.... go ahead and feel sad. I know I would!

 
At 10:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry Gretchen, you can borrow mine until the insurance co. replaces it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home